Long hours, cash flow problems, and staff management can leave you mentally exhausted, anxious, or stressed, which can negatively affect your business — low productivity and high turnover of staff.
The Federal Government has created a website to help those struggling with anxiety and depression in their business. There will be access to mental health resources and other materials focusing on the stress faced by business owners.
When the site is up is yet to be announced.
Some are normal, but continuous stress can cause further problems in your business and your health.
Some of these workplace situations may cause stress:
- bad management
- demands and workloads
- poor working environment
- workplace dynamics.
Tips to manage and reduce stress
Taking care of your mental health is an investment. Start to work through stress-reducing activities. The following are some ways you can deal with stress:
- Work-life balance — make time for family and friends and take up activities you will enjoy together.
- Regular exercise, sleep, and eating healthily — boost and improve your energy levels and stamina.
- Learn to say ‘no’ — this is okay sometimes so you don’t over commit yourself.
- Plan ahead — make a list of things to anticipate, so you know what’s to come, prepare contingency, and hit certain targets.
- Relax and unwind — incorporating meditation, listening to music, or simple breathing techniques into your daily routine will work wonders. Put your business process in place to allow yourself to take regular short breaks and holidays.
- Get support — talk to someone and ask for help. Join a local business group or industry association to build a support group of peers to share and discuss your daily challenges.
- Manage workloads — don’t try to do everything yourself. Consider outsourcing to focus on what you can do and unload some tasks.
- Hang up — set a time when your phone and emails are turned off.
Startup loans in Australia
Is your small business expanding or are you planning to? An access to funds may be needed as your business grows.
Now, finding the right start-up loan can be another source of stress, but why should it be when you can get help?
If you need somebody, not just anybody — Cigno Business Solutions finds you start up loans fast, giving you quick access to much-needed funds for your business.
Get in touch with CBS today or apply here and they’ll be more than happy to help!