Disclosures & Authorisations
Please read all of the information and statements below carefully before you lodge an online application or apply by telephone for a loan. If you do not fully understand anything stated below, please ask us for help, or seek independent legal and financial advice.
We are Cigno Business Solutions Pty Ltd, trading as Cigno Business Solutions, a company that helps people with businesses get a business loan. We work with you to try to get loans approved by the lender within 30 minutes, and subject to approval, get cash into the borrower’s bank account the same day, or the next morning at the latest. That’s the service we offer to you!
At Cigno Business Solutions Business Solutions we specialise in accessing business loans for amounts between $250 and $10,000.
When applying you have two (2) options and which option you choose is completely up to you.
Option 1 – Choose to Deal Directly with a Lender
You can request Cigno Business Solutions to put in touch with a Lender, BHF Solutions Pty Ltd (BHFS), and we will gladly do so.
BHFS will follow its normal credit procedure and, if your application is approved, the lender will mail you a cheque in your name. This option is the cheapest option for you because the lender charges only 5% per month of the loan amount under its loan agreement with you. While cheaper, this process does take longer. The lender will likely require you to send or fax information to enable them to assess your application, and if approved you will have to wait for a cheque to be mailed. Once deposited you will then also have to wait until the cheque clears.
Option 2 – Cigno Pty Ltd
Choose to use Cigno Business Solutions premium service which includes quick processing and approval, same and next day deposits, payment reminders and direct debit facilities and managing and facilitating the entire process from the time you apply until you’ve successfully paid out.
Our service gives you up to 8 weeks to repay by way of weekly or fortnightly payments (depending on your pay cycles).
You will still need to enter into a separate loan agreement with the lender, BHF Solutions Pty Ltd.
We understand that our service is not for everyone and if you would prefer to deal directly with the lender, BHF Solutions Pty Ltd, we will gladly put you in touch with them.
Dealing directly with the lender is a cheaper but a much more time consuming process which can take a couple of weeks to finalise.
Important: We receive no payments whatsoever from the lender whether you use our services or deal directly with them.
If you would like us to refer you to BHF Solutions Pty Ltd, please advise.
If you choose to use our services, the fees for those services will be payable under an agreement that we enter into with you; Cigno Business Solutions does not receive any money under any loan agreement that you enter into with the lender.
If you contact us, you will be asked what option you would like to choose. If you would prefer to deal directly with the lender, please let us know and we will be happy to refer you.
It is important to understand that if you choose to use this service, as the lender only charges a flat rate of 5% per month of the loan amount, neither the lender nor Cigno Business Solutions is subject to the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (“the Act”), so the protections offered by the Act are not available to you with respect to this service that we provide, or any loan that you get from the lender.
Although Cigno Business Solutions and BHFS are not subject to the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 they both have adopted the protections afforded by the act they believe to be best practice, and where practicable have sought to manifest those principles in their service. Cigno Business Solutions has an Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) Policy.
Services Agreement Disclosure
This statement gives you information about any agreement that you may enter into with Cigno Business Solutions Pty Ltd (“Services Agreement”). If you have any further questions we are pleased to do our best to answer them. You are, however, always encouraged to get independent advice.
1. Are the services provided by Cigno Business Solutions subject to the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009?
No. The services that we provide are not regulated by, or subject to, the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (“the Act”).
2. Does Cigno Business Solutions receive payments from the lender or any third parties in relation to my loan application or the services it will provide to me?
No. Cigno Business Solutions only receives payments from you under the Services Agreement.
3. What amounts could I be required to pay Cigno Business Solutions under the Services Agreement?
You will be required to pay the following types of payments to Cigno Business Solutions:
- Establishment Fee
- Management Fee
4. What happens if I default on my payments with Cigno Business Solutions?
Cigno Business Solutions will make all reasonable attempts to contact you and inform you of your defaulting payments as well putting a new payment arrangement in place. However, after 2 consecutive defaults Cigno Business Solutions will attempt to take the principal amount of the loan 1 business day before your usual repayment cycle.
The following types of payments may also be required to be made to Cigno Business Solutions under the Services Agreement:
|Change of Payment Date and Amount Fee (if requested)||This is calculated as 3.5% of Principal borrowed per week of change|
|Default Interest:||This is calculated as a 1% charge each day the loan is in arrears|
|Investigator/Hand Over Fee:||$175.00 (plus legal fees)|
- The fees payable to Cigno Business Solutions under this agreement will be direct debited from your nominated account together with the payments you agree to make to
- Cigno Business Solutions will retain its fees under this agreement and will account to BHFS on your behalf in relation to the monies due by you under the loan agreement you will enter into with
|Debit/Credit Card Transaction Fee|
|1.65% (min $0.75) + $0.33|
Loan Agreement Disclosure
This statement gives you information about an agreement that you may enter into with BHF Solutions Pty Ltd (“BHFS”) (“Loan Agreement”). If you have any further questions we will do our best to answer them. You are, however, always encouraged to get independent advice.
1. How can I get details of my proposed Loan Agreement?
Before you enter into a Loan Agreement you will be provided with all of the details about a proposed Loan Agreement over the phone or via email so that you will be able to decide whether the Loan Agreement is right for you.
2. How can I get a copy of the Loan Agreement?
If you agree to the Loan Agreement and you confirm that you want BHFS to fund the loan, a copy of the Loan Agreement and all other relevant documents will be given to you for your records within 7 days. If you want another copy of your Loan Agreement, write to Cigno Business Solutions and ask for one and a copy will be provided free of charge within 14 days of your written request.
3. Can I terminate the Loan Agreement?
Yes. You can terminate the Loan Agreement by telling Cigno Business Solutions over the phone or in writing so long as you have not obtained any funds under the Loan Agreement. If you terminate the Loan Agreement like this you will not have to pay any fees or charges.
4. Can I pay my Loan Agreement out early?
Yes. Just pay BHFS the amount required to pay out your Loan Agreement on the day you wish to end your contract.
5. How can I find out the payout figure?
You can call or email Cigno Business Solutions at any time and ask for a statement of the payout figure as at any date you specify. You can also ask for details of how the amount is made up. The statement will be provided within 7 days after the request is made.
6. Will I pay less interest if I pay out the loan amount early?
Yes. BHFS charges a fixed 5% lender fee per month, or part there of, of your amount borrowed. If you pay earlier and your loan does not reach the next month, you will not be charged this fee.
7. Can my Loan Agreement be changed by BHFS?
No. BHFS will not vary the terms of the Loan Agreement after it has been entered into.
8. Is there anything I can do if I think that my Loan Agreement is unjust?
Yes. You should not enter into the Loan Agreement unless you are completely satisfied that you understand the terms and conditions on which the money is to be lent to you and that you actually need the loan.
Borrowing money is not cheap and you should not enter into the Loan Agreement lightly. If concerns arise after you have entered into the Loan Agreement and you have received funds from BHFS, talk to Cigno Business Solutions to see if you can come to some arrangement. If you remain unsatisfied, you can seek legal advice. Your community legal centre or Legal Aid may be able to assist.
9. Do I have to take out insurance?
No. There is no requirement by BHFS for you to take out insurance in relation to the Loan Agreement you will enter into with it. But you are free to take out insurance; it is a matter for you. If you do take out insurance, BHFS will not insist that you use any particular insurance company.
10. Will I be required to provide a mortgage or other form of security to BHFS for the loan amount?
No. BHFS does not require any security from you for its loans.
11. What do I do if I cannot make a repayment?
Get in touch with Cigno Business Solutions immediately to discuss whether some arrangement is possible.
12. What if BHFS and I cannot agree on a suitable arrangement?
If BHFS refuses your request to change the repayments, you can ask it to reconsider this decision if you think it is wrong. If BHFS still refuses your request you may seek legal advice. Your community legal centre or Legal Aid may be able to assist.
13. Can action be taken action against me if I default on the Loan Agreement?
Yes. If you are in default under the Loan Agreement action may be taken against you to recover the amount owed. However the law says that you cannot be unduly harassed or threatened. If you think you are being unduly harassed or threatened, contact Cigno Business Solutions or get legal advice.
14. Is the Loan Agreement subject to the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009?
No, the credit provided by BHFS is not regulated or subject to the Act. You should not apply to borrow money from BHFS if you want the protections of the Act.
Electronic Transactions Act 1999 Authorisation and Consent
IMPORTANT: If you do not agree with any of the matters set out below you should not lodge an online or make a telephone loan enquiry with Cigno Business Solutions.
Cigno Business Solutions
It is contemplated that you and Cigno Business Solutions may enter into an agreement (“Services Agreement”). By contacting Cigno Business Solutions about entering into a Services Agreement, you acknowledge and agree that:
- you are at least 18 years old, of sound mind and judgement and able to make decisions regarding your finances;
- you understand that you have the right to get independent legal and financial advice before entering into the Services Agreement;
- if you have any questions about the terms of the Services Agreement you will not enter into a Services Agreement unless those questions are answered to your satisfaction;
- the Services Agreement may be entered into electronically /verbally over the phone by being read and explained to you and you indicating that you have understood and agree to the terms and conditions of that
- if you do not wish to be bound by the Services Agreement, or if you wish to obtain independent legal or financial advice in relation to it, or if you do not fully understand all of the terms and conditions of the Services Agreement, you will indicate to the Cigno Business Solutions telephone operator that you do not wish to enter into the Services Agreement;
- once you indicate to the Cigno Business Solutions telephone operator that you have understood and agree to the terms and conditions of the Services Agreement, and funds have been advanced by the lender, that you will be bound by the Services Agreement as if you had signed a hard copy of the Services Agreement;
- the terms and conditions of the Services Agreement and any related materials and information (“Cigno Business Solutions Materials”) may be provided, or otherwise made available, to you electronically under the Electronic Transactions Act 1999 (“the Act”) and that;
- paper documents may no longer be provided to you;
- you will regularly check your nominated email account for Cigno Business Solutions Materials;
- you may at any time withdraw consent for the Cigno Business Solutions Materials to be provided
BHF Solutions Pty Ltd
It is contemplated that you and BHF Solutions Pty Ltd (“BHFS”) may enter into an agreement (“Loan Agreement”). By contacting Cigno Business Solutions about entering into a Loan Agreement with BHFS, you acknowledge and agree that:
- you are at least 18 years old, of sound mind and judgement and able to make decisions regarding your finances;
- you understand that you have the right to get independent legal and financial advice before entering into the Loan Agreement;
- if you have any questions about the terms of the Loan Agreement you will not enter into a Loan Agreement unless those questions are answered to your satisfaction;
- the Loan Agreement may be entered into electronically /verbally over the phone by being read and explained to you and you indicating that you have understood and agree to the terms and conditions of that
- if you do not wish to be bound by the Loan Agreement, or if you wish to obtain independent legal or financial advice in relation to it, or if you do not fully understand all of the terms and conditions of the Loan Agreement, you will indicate to the Cigno Business Solutions phone operator that you do not wish to enter into the Loan Agreement;
- once you indicate to the Cigno Business Solutions phone operator that you have understood and agree to the terms and conditions of the Loan Agreement, and funds have been advanced by the lender, that you will be bound by the Loan Agreement as if you had signed a hard copy of the Loan Agreement;
- the terms and conditions of the Loan Agreement and any related materials and information (“BHFS Materials”) may be provided, or otherwise made available, to you electronically under the Act and that;
- paper documents may no longer be provided to you;
- you will regularly check your nominated email account for BHFS Materials;
- you may at any time withdraw consent for the BHFS Materials to be provided
PayGate Pty Ltd
Direct Debit Request
I/we authorise PayGate, as the Debit User, User ID number 314753, to make withdrawals from my/our nominated account as determined by the centre named above. PayGate, as the Debit User, acts as the billing agent for the centre named above and the service is administrative only and does not extend to the provision of any service or benefits provided by the centre named above.
Direct Debit Request Service Agreement
- PayGate (Debit User) will debit the bank account / credit card nominated in the Schedule of this Direct Debit Request as specified. The Debit User may, by prior arrangement and advice to me/us vary the amount or frequency of future
- Should the original terms & conditions of this authority need to be varied a minimum of fourteen days notice will be provided by the business to you. Queries arising as a result of any such variation must be notified to PayGate two working days prior to the debit date the variation woul
- Deferment or alteration (written or verbal) by the customer to the debiting schedule will be considered subject to the terms and conditions of any agreement between you and the business named in this Direct Debit Request for whom PayGate (Debit User) acts on behalf
- If a debit item is disputed PayGate (Debit User) or your Financial Institution must be notified immediately. PayGate will endeavour to resolve this matter within Industry agreed time Disputed debit items resolved in favour of PayGate will incur an administration fee.
- Direct debiting through BECS is not available on all accounts. You are advised to check your account details against a recent statement from your financial institution. If uncertain, you should check with your financial institution before completing the
- When a debit day falls on a weekend and/or a national public holiday all debits for that weekend or national public holiday will be processed on the PREVIOUS WORKING DAY. If unsure, you should contact PayGate (Debit User).
- PayGate may, under certain provisions of the “Privacy Act 1988” give information about you to a credit reporting agency. This information will be limited to repayments which are overdue pursuant to the terms and conditions of any contractual agreement between you and the business named in this Direct Debit Request and for which debt collection has started. You “The Customer” may be liable for any costs associated with the recovery of your overdue account, this may include, but is not limited to the following; legal fees, interest and mercantile agency collection
- It is your responsibility to ensure cleared funds are available in your nominated bank account/credit card to meet the direct debit If a debit is returned unpaid by your financial institution, you will be responsible for payment of the debit plus an additional $15.00 for return fees and administrative costs incurred by PayGate (Debit User). If PayGate (Debit User) has not received instruction to the contrary from you, we will debit both the next due payment and any overdue amounts on your next scheduled debit date.
- This authority shall stand pursuant to the terms and conditions of any contractual agreement between you and business named in this Direct Debit The administration only of this authority is conducted by PayGate (Debit User) acting as a billing agent for the business. The services provided by PayGate are administrative only and do not extend to the provision of any services or benefits provided by the business / centre. This authority shall be interpreted and enforced pursuant to the laws of the state of Queensland.
- To stop or cancel a direct debit it is recommended that you contact the business named in this Direct Debit Request in the first instance. The terms and conditions or any agreement between you and the business for whom PayGate (Debit User) acts on behalf of must be complied with. However, if a dispute occurs between you and the business all enquiries regarding a stop or cancellation of a direct debit should be directed to either PayGate (Debit User) or your own financial
- Collected funds are held in trust until disbursement. In event of fraud where PayGate is not at fault, PayGate will be free of any legal liability.
- No account records or account details will be disclosed to any person or persons except where such information is required in connection with any claim relating to an alleged incorrect or wrongful
- All enquiries in relation to refunds must be directed to the business named in this Direct Debit
- In signing this Direct Debit Request, I /we accept the conditions outlined in PayGate’s Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) in its entirety. PayGate (Debit User) will email the PDS to me/us and, if this is not received, I/we acknowledge that I/we have accessed, read and understood the PDS on the PayGate website: https://www.paysmart.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Paysmart_PDS_2.pdf
Split Payments Pty Ltd
Terms and Conditions of Split Payments Direct Debit Request (DDR)
You request and authorise Split Payments Pty Ltd (User ID 492448) to arrange, through its own financial institution, a debit to your nominated account any amount Split Payments Pty Ltd, has deemed payable by you.
This debit or charge will be made through the Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS) from your account held at the financial institution you have nominated below and will be subject to the terms and conditions of the Direct Debit Request Service Agreement.
Terms and Conditions of Split Payments Direct Debit Request (DDR) Service Agreement
- INITIAL TERMS Split Payments will debit your nominated account for the amounts and at the frequency of payments as agreed between us on the Split Payments DDR Contract authorised and accepted by you.
- CHANGE OF TERMS Terms may be changed immediately with the approval of the Payment Initiator or within the parameters of the Digital Agreement issued by the Payment Initiator and approved by the User. This is managed through the Split Payments Platform.
- DEFERRING OR STOPPING A PAYMENT Should you wish to defer a payment to another date you must contact the Payment Initiator before the date of that payment to request the deferment. Deferments are entirely at the discretion of the Payment Initiator. You may request to stop an individual payment through the Split Payments platform however you will still be liable to make this payment to the Payment Initiator.
- ALTERING THE SCHEDULE Should you wish to alter the payment frequency or Day to Debit contact the Payment Initiator. Altering schedule is solely at the discretion of the Payment Initiator. The Payment Initiator may charge a fee for this service. The Payment Initiator shall notify you of these fees. Any changes made will not affect the total amount you would otherwise have paid over the minimum term of your Contract.
- CANCELLING THE PAYMENTS You can cancel this Direct Debit Request Authority at any time through the Split Payments platform. Cancellation of the authority to debit your account will not terminate your contract or remove your liability to make the payments you have agreed to with the Payment Initiator.
- DISPUTES If you dispute any debit payment, you must notify the Payment Initiator immediately. The Payment Initiator will respond to your dispute within 7 working days and will immediately refund the amount of the debit if they are not able to substantiate the reason for it. If you do not receive a satisfactory response from the Payment Initiator to your dispute, contact Split Payments who will respond to you with an answer to your claim within 5 business days if your claim is lodged within 12 months of the disputed drawing, or within 30 business days if your claim is lodged after 12 months from the disputed drawing.
- BUSINESS DAYS When the day to debit falls on a weekend or public holiday the debit will be initiated on the next working day.
- DISHONOURED PAYMENTS It is your responsibility to ensure that on the due date clear funds are available in your nominated account to meet the direct debit payment. Should your payment be dishonoured, you authorise Split Payments to debit your account when clear funds become available in your nominated bank account.
- ENQUIRIES Enquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10.YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES In addition to those already mentioned, you are responsible for ensuring that your nominated account is able to accept direct debits. If it is not, it is your responsibility to provide Split Payments with a new account number.
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask for an advance payment from Visit – www.humanservices.gov.au/advancepayments
Go to www.moneysmart.gov.au – MoneySmart shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.